I am driven to understand the nature of Dark Energy and the physics of transients in the Universe. To do so, I work with extremely large astronomical datasets. To maximize the information we can use to understand our Universe, I develop innovative tools with a large emphasis on machine learning.
- I am co-leading Fink broker which will process, enrich and filter transient data from the largest optical survey in the world at the Vera C. Rubin Observatory.
- I obtain constraints on the nature of Dark Energy with Type Ia Supernovae at the Dark Energy Survey.
- I study multi-wavelength and messenger fast-transients with the world’s largest transient collaboration the Deeper Wider Faster program.
- I am an Associate Investigator at the ARC Centre of Excellence for Gravitational Wave Discovery where I work on the optical and multi-wavelength follow-up of gravitational waves events.
- I develop high-end machine learning algorithms for astronomy and cosmology such as the photometric classification framework SuperNNova.
I am currently a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Swinburne University Centre for Astrophysics and Supercomputing in Australia. I previously worked for CNRS at Laboratoire de Physique de Clermont (LPC), and at the Australian National University as an ARC CoE CAASTRO Postdoctoral Fellow in Dark Energy.
I was born in Venezuela and did my undergrad at Universidad Simón Bolívar. I then moved to France and did the NPAC master and a PhD at Irfu Cea Saclay and Université Paris Diderot. I enjoy communicating science and was selected to be a CAASTRO Astronomer in Residence at Uluru, Australia. I speak spanish, english, french and german. I also ejoy hiking, rock climbing, diving, sailing and playing cello.
|Sep 20, 2022||I have been awarded with a Discovery Early Career Research Award (DECRA) starting 2023. I will be working at Swinburne on transient science and machine learning with Fink. I will be soon recruiting students including a PhD!|
|Aug 13, 2021||Fink has been selected to process the Vera C. Rubin Observatory LSST alert stream for its 10-years of operation. Fink will enable transient science in this big data era, including SNe Ia cosmology and beyond!|
The dark energy survey 5-yr photometrically identified type Ia supernovaeMNRAS Aug 2022
Fink: Early supernovae Ia classification using active learningA & A Jul 2022
The Dark Energy Survey Supernova Program: Cosmological biases from supernova photometric classificationMNRAS Jun 2022